There is an informational meeting on the 2015 summer trips Wednesday, January 21st at 6 pm: Think Bank (2nd floor Community Room), 3655 Hazelton Road, Edina, MN 55435.
Traveling hasn't changed my life it has changed my soul. Many tour agencies market 10 day “life-changing” experiences but within 10 days of returning from the trip the person’s life is pretty much the same. Although it may difficult to change your soul in 10 days, Pathinator trips are different than the standard trips offered by tour agencies. Our trips are often to areas that tourists traditionally don’t venture. They are designed to be a more authentic experience with more interaction with the local people. While jumping off the top of the waterfall can be an adventure so can crossing the street in Delhi. Many include some type of service and an examination of the country's culture and possible ways to improve the condition of the people.Pathinator trips are for those who don’t want to do a typical, stale, organized tour but still need a little guidance.
The following is a partial list of some of my adventures to the over 140 countries I have traveled, what soul changing adventure awaits you?
- Having something (a tapeworm maybe?) squirming around in my foot in Bolivia
- Joking with security guards and getting invited to a birthday party in Iraq.
- Accidentally checking into a bloodstained military complex in Moscow thinking it was my hotel
- Helping those in need throughout the world.
- Drudging through everyday life in President Mugabe’s repressive Zimbabwe.
- Eating rats in Vietnam
- Being bribed by drunk, illiterate, AK-47 wielding, child, rebel soldiers wearing sunglasses despite it being the middle of the night in the Ivory Coast
- Sleeping in a bombed out hotel with a candle as electricity and a pail of water as a toilet/shower in Monrovia, Liberia (below).